Who is Diamond?
We’re a strategic, creative-led group of people working hand in hand to solve problems for some really great brands – among other things. We don’t follow any set of rules. In fact, we’re constantly breaking them. We’re not afraid to take risks. Or to go all in. We go above and beyond what’s asked. And are never satisfied. We always look ahead – changing as the industry changes. We love problems above channels. Insights above fads. And creativity above all else. Sound like you? Join us.
Some of the things we do:
Social Media + Digital + Content + Experiential + Events + Activations + Promotions + Design + Insights + Strategy
The purpose of this position is to strategically develop and build creative concepts across multiple channels for Diamond’s diverse roster of clients. As an art director their skills are slanted towards delivering conceptual work driven by visual / design / execution. Directly reports to the ECD on a daily basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES (not in order of priority):
- Responsible for origination of concepts, designing, and executing innovative visual ideas for agency clients that are responsive to marketing/creative objectives and strategies within reasonable cost while advocating integration between mediums
- Once a project has briefed, the AD will be the creative lead (with or without another creative partner - writer/designer/illustrator) and partner with an account lead and possibly a strategic lead to be responsible for delivering a strategically driven creative product.
- Develop strategically relevant creative solutions based on the information gathered from all documents including the creative brief, team members, and senior lead team. (accounts, strategy, creative and production leads)
- Collaborate fully with all members of the Creative, Account and production throughout the whole project
- Present concepts to the Creative Director and/or integrated team for approval of the creative work, to ensure all creative meets the client’s needs ,brand standards and best practice
- Communicate specification details about formats, size and specs to producers
- Execute and present layouts for Integrated, Digital, Social or Experiential marketing concepts that have strong conceptual design
- Maintain quality and budget controls throughout all aspects of a concept’s execution including file prep processes in conjunction with Production and Studio
- Responsible for securing approval for all work from Creative Director
- Prepare to present work and sell ideas effectively
- Prepare to discuss expertise and the work both internally and externally
- Prepare to listen and understand client feedback and internal critiques
- Apprise the Executive Creative Director of progress as warranted
- Monitors the progress of assigned projects through each phase of development (i.e. layout, production, media, and research)
- Regularly attends status meetings, production handoff meetings, and presentations where appropriate
- Contributes to the selection of suppliers (director, makers, photographers and/or illustrators) in the final execution and visualization of the creative concept
- Continue command of typography, colour, composition, information hierarchy and an understanding of how they need to work together in developing on-brand and on-target solutions
- Mentors and supervises the activities of junior ideation teams
- Acts as a thought leader and strategic thinker who can understand and engage with a wide variety of other team members and disciplines. Create breakthrough creative problem solving techniques, while having respect for deadlines
- Assists Creative Director on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensures all work is of the highest possible quality and maintains agency's commitment to changing customer behaviour through disruptive ideas at all points of contact
- Ensures all creative work produced is integrated with all marketing materials produced by other disciplines and other agencies
- Produces the final assets necessary for sending over to studio/production. This includes preparing any mock-ups, decks or print out
- When possible, will contribute to the new business initiatives by working on pitches
- Supports/attendance of all the mandatory staff meetings and adherence to processes and procedures implemented
- Maintain professional-level design software proficiency (Adobe Suite; Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Constantly improves skills and stays current of developments and trends in the industry, as well as sharing this knowledge with others (i.e. industry hacking, inspiration, vendor capabilities presentations, award winning work etc.)
Does this sound like you? Are you looking to become a team member in an amazing experiential marketing company? Talented candidates that are in search of a new challenge are encouraged to apply. We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with enviable benefits. Diamond Integrated Marketing is an equal employment opportunity employer.