We are Diamond.
At Diamond we deliver. Actionable data and insights.
And we deliver each of these with a passion for client business that is as refreshing as it is relentless.
It’s about doing everything necessary to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
That’s the Diamond way.
Reporting to the VP, Insights and Strategy, the Director, Brand Strategy will:
· Be the lead planner on across several key brands
· Manage the Diamond brand planning vertical
· Be a strategic resource for new business
· Help shape the direction of the strategy team
Key Responsibility Areas:
Lead Strategist on Key Brands:
· Leadership role in creation of a long-term brand vision and ensuring all communication campaigns and content ladder up to and pay dividends to this vision
· Creating/monitoring/interpreting research reports around cultural, economic & societal trends relevant to the brand
· Transformation of large amounts of complex and often contradictory information into a simple provocative strategy
· Development of clear and inspiring creative briefs and briefings to creative teams, with rich insight and humanity
· Playing a key role during client strategy & creative presentations, explaining and supporting the agency’s work
Diamond Brand Strategy Team Management (3 direct reports)
· Coach and guide the team in creating, selling and delivering against powerful strategies for our client’s brands and our creative work
· Mentor, coach and train the Diamond brand strategy team in their career development
· Work alongside the VP, Insights and Strategy to create a fun, nurturing, respectful, passionate team environment
New Business Contribution
· The VP, Insights and Strategy will handle the majority of new business opportunities, but the Brand Strategy director will play a key role on all pitches, and play the lead role as appropriate
Future of the Agency
· Lead by example with collaboration between all Diamond employees. Great ideas can come from anyone; we are all “creatives”
· Challenge conventional thinking - from the client, account and creative teams, agency partners, self
· Clearly & fearlessly articulate POVs while actively listening and hearing responses, as with everything we do at Diamond, with respect without ego
· Contribute to agency knowledge and best practices via leading intermittent training sessions
· Work with the VP, Insights and Strategy to develop, build, manage, and sell new planning & strategy services that are very different from what other agencies offer in our industry.