Who is Diamond Integrated Marketing?
Diamond Integrated Marketing is a rapidly growing and evolving Canadian Marketing Agency working with some of the worlds most accomplished brands. We take a collaborative, team approach with our clients to build brand equity and loyalty through emerging consumer engagement channels.
Who is iD?
iD is a partnership between Diamond and Accenture bringing together the worlds of best in class creative and strategy with deep data and technological capabilities. This role is specific to iD and while reports into Diamond, works closely on a cross functional team comprised of both Diamond and Accenture resources.
What do we do?
We drive personalization in marketing as it relates to content leveraging deep ethnographic insights, robust audience identification and full technological utilization resulting in personalized, highly-targeted, high-performance marketing communications.
The Group Account Director’s role is to manage client relationships, client strategy, client marketing campaign budgets, and assists in up-selling new products and services to existing clients. iD is growing quickly. The Group Account Director supports the execution of business timelines as well as development/sales efforts through overseeing and ensuring on-strategy, on budget delivery of services across all mediums and projects. This role requires excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking to drive program strategy and results, as well as solid team leadership and mentorship to continually develop direct reports. This is not an oversight role, you will be working deep in the trenches with the teams overseeing various workstreams and understanding how they come together to make up a holistic program. You must be deeply digitally-proficient understanding how digital supports and augments a holistic marketing mix while utilizing various technological platforms to support full communications programs.
(Client Relationship Management)
- Maintain and improve client relationships and retention of current account relationships
- Oversee various workstreams from planning, through process, to creative execution and delivery
- Work to exceed annual business targets
- Ensure that client satisfaction is achieved on all project deliverables
- Demonstrate confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of the agency team, especially when working with and owning the client relationship
- Lead the consistent delivery of client communications and provide updates on the activation of the program, and action plans to enhance or build upon current results
- Take feedback from client and VP, Account Management (e.g. insight, business opportunities, etc.) and action to the account team
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Nourish and safeguard the Client relationship, maintaining contact and building rapport with various departments
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in client’s business – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
- Be a thought leader in the digital marketing and content space
- Drive innovation, both with clients and internally with our teams
- Develop broad industry expertise to identify solutions to help achieve client goals, this includes developing a thorough understanding of all proprietary and industry tools and systems and train others were applicable
- Anticipate potential relationship or expectation issues, advising the VP, Account Management in time to act proactively
- Challenge the status quo for the best results for the agency and the client
- Work with the VP, Account Services to the development of an annual Client Development Plan and produce client forecasts
(Staff and Project Leadership)
- Oversee all program scheduling and activation (coordination, logistics, etc.)
- Own responsibility for delivery on all programs by ensuring resources are efficiently deployed, potential risks are managed or minimized and programs are consistently executed on-time, on-budget and as promised
- Responsible for strategic conceptualization and drafting briefs and presentation to clients and seek approvals
- Ensure Client Work is executed to the highest level of quality – on time and on budget. Review all materials prior to Client review.
- Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions and take an active leadership role in campaign conceptualization and concept development for pitch.
- Develop concept presentations, internal briefings, program kick-offs, status updates, post-program reporting, de-briefing meetings, and/or corporate communications as required.
- Lead with VP, Account Management to monitor and advance team motivation and morale
- Monitor the quality of output from the team
- Analyze key account metrics and make necessary recommendations to client
- Financial accountability – Supervise the building and managing of budgets with accuracy and measurement, being conscious of profitability. Sign off on budgets created by team. Check for accuracy and present to the client.
- Along with the VP, Account Management, this role is accountable for leading, guiding, developing, mentoring and coaching Account Executives, Account Supervisors and Account Directors. Making sure to set clear expectations and set clear tasks that are clear. Corrective steps throughout for learning
- Liaise with Talent department to develop Talent network and identify skills needs and development for current or future business needs
- Review weekly status reports before distributing
- Lead and report in weekly internal status updates with the Senior Leadership Team
- Any other duties required by Senior Management
Moreover, assist in pursuing the vision of building a best in class accounts team by ensuring that we adhere to our key tenets and North Star in all things that we do.
(Analytic, Strategic and Planning Abilities)
Our account team is a hybrid team of client relationship builders, sales people, business strategists and data analysts. A high proficiency in these key areas is an asset.
- Requires a minimum of 10-12 years of client service in an agency a growing privately owned marketing agency? environment, as well as account and people management experience.
- Self-motivated with proven success in retaining and growing client portfolios. Track record of building strong Client relationships
- Demonstrated fiscal management skills
- Strong understanding of marketing and business principles
- Experience in digital marketing, content, channel/distribution strategy and data analytics an asset
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven success leading team-based projects with minimal supervision
- Previous responsibility directly managing people – including career and team development experience
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented, logical, work-oriented and analytical
- Ability to maintain composure in high stress situations
- Previous Digital Advertising experience is required
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills: time-management, working to critical paths, budgeting, delegating, facilitating meetings, multi-tasking, attention to detail, follow up, etc.
- This role does require weekend work and/or off-standard hours of program execution and occasional travel
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) ‘I bust my butt because I love it’ approach
Does this sound like you? Are you ready for the next challenge in your career? Are you looking to become a team member in a rapidly growing privately owned marketing agency? Talented candidates that are in search of a new challenge are encouraged to apply. We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with enviable benefits.