Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Do you love playing with data? Do you love solving puzzles? Are you an excellent communicator? There might be a match brewing. We’re looking for a self-starter who will seek out and find data to be leveraged in data science projects. We assure you, we’re doing really cool stuff over here with the data.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone to become a data domain subject matter expert. Data may be located in our structured environment or in an unstructured data repository. We’ll need the candidate to be resourceful enough to wrangle this data and use it for exploratory data analysis, data sourcing, and ad hoc reporting. Of course, you’ll need to perform the due diligence when wrangling the data, such as negotiating with the data owners, perform the due diligence to protect the data, making sure the data is usable in data science projects and be able to work with internal teams to make sure the solutions developed produce value for the business.
What you’ll be doing:
Support Analytics projects through data sourcing, exploration, cleanup, manipulation, design
- Support data delivery from both internal and external sources; interface with data experts & data sourcing resources.
- Thorough understanding of and experience with data gathering, storing, and retrieval methods.
- Tactical support of data validation, consolidation and cleansing processes.
- Work with Data Scientists to transform business requests into value add deliverables including data mapping, data aggregation, data cleansing & other data-related processes.
- Automate processes to improve turnaround time on data availability and increase efficiencies in statistical model building process.
Provide line of business data subject matter expertise
- Responsible for understanding the systems & data environment for a subset of the business
- Work closely with Strategy & Marketing, Data Stewards and IS teams to collaboratively assess, understand, improve and deliver rich data content for analysis.
- Research & leverage technical documentation in order to gain a holistic understanding of the data domain.
- Assist in the development the conceptual/logical data models with appropriate business contexts.
- Support researching data structure and/or data content issues and the design of effective data solutions.
- Documentation of current and future business processes by working with key business contacts to observe, analyze and report.
Support ad hoc data, MIS, reporting requests
- Deliver ad hoc reporting to support divisional initiatives and analytics projects.
- Deliver reporting & visualizations to effectively communicate insights to non-technical business users for a variety of audiences.
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to problem solve and get results.
The type of person we’re looking for:
- University degree in quantitative based field (Math, Sci, Engineering, Comp Sci)
- 5+ years business and data analytics experience required
- Advanced Experience with Python, SQL, R, VBA, Visual Studio
- Experience working with data transformation, manipulation (ETL experience ideal)
- Advanced experience developing reports
- Significant experience with database analysis & management, thorough understanding of data analytics theory & application, ability to interface with internal business contacts and provide data analysis and management support, experience with multidimensional and relational databases.
- Experience with analytics tools and visualization tools a plus.
- Financial services experience desired