POSITION: Senior Art Director
REPORTS TO: Creative Director (iD)
Who is Diamond?
We’re a strategic, creative-led group of people working hand in hand to solve problems for some really great brands – among other things. We don’t follow any set of rules. In fact, we’re constantly breaking them. We’re not afraid to take risks. Or to go all in. We go above and beyond what’s asked. And are never satisfied. We always look ahead – changing as the industry changes. We love problems above channels. Insights above fads. And creativity above all else. Sound like you? Join us.
Some of the things we do:
Social Media + Digital + Content + Campaigns + Digital Platforms + Activations + Promotions + Design + Insights + Strategy
The purpose of this position is to strategically develop and build creative concepts across multiple channels for Diamond’s new iD division. As a Senior Art Director your skills are focused on delivering conceptual work driven by visual design, user experience / execution.
You'll be conceptualizing and designing solutions from start to completion. You will play an essential role in the strategy and execution of products and services across different media, with a primary focus on digital experience design, social media, and digital campaigns and content.
You are the champion for consistency across all brand and communication touch points. You will translate business needs into compelling customer experiences, including webpages, social media campaigns and various digital content and video. You are curious, passionate and have an eye for detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES (not in order of priority):
· Responsible for collaboratively creating concepts, visual development and executing ideas and designs for agency clients
· Ability to think strategically and understand all aspects of brand and user experience
· Actively shape and enforce visual consistency across all communications and platforms
· Ensure designs follow project schedules, program policies, quality standards and adhering to an assigned budget
· Responsible for securing approval for all work from Creative Director
· Prepare to present work and sell ideas effectively
· Prepare to discuss expertise and the work both internally and externally
· Prepare to listen and understand client feedback and internal critiques
· See projects through from concept, design, production, and delivery
· Monitors the progress of assigned projects through each phase of development (i.e. concepts, production, media, and research)
· Ensures all creative work produced is integrated with all marketing materials produced by other disciplines and other agencies
· Recommend techniques, methods, and media best suited to produce desired visual effects and concepts
· Acts as a thought leader and strategic thinker who can understand and engage with a wide variety of other team members and disciplines.
· Create breakthrough creative problem-solving techniques, while having respect for deadlines
· Assists Creative Director on multiple projects simultaneously
· Ensures all work is of the highest possible quality and maintains agency's commitment to changing customer behaviour through disruptive ideas at all points of contact
· Participate in ideation sessions; working closely with project teams to deliver creative solutions and meet project objectives
· Continuously improve project process and work flow efficiency
· Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and site maps to communicate interaction and digital ideas
· Provide mentorship and leadership to the junior team members, motivating and inspiring individuals to drive high performance
· Constantly improves skills and stays current of developments and trends in the industry, as well as sharing this knowledge with others (i.e. industry hacking, inspiration, vendor capabilities presentations, award winning work etc.)
· The Senior Art Director will have 6+ years relevant experience with demonstrated digital expertise
· Agency experience a must
· Skills with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Illustrator, Keynote Expert, Microsoft Office
· Nice to haves: Sketch, After Effects
· Experience with the entire Adobe Creative Suite
· Strong organizational skills, must be able to independently manage time and set priorities
· Must be detail-oriented, accurate and efficient
· Display strategic thinking and analytical skills
· Must be reliable and willing to put in extra time as required to meet project deadlines
· Positive working relationships built throughout the organization with a professional attitude, willing to complete all aspects of work as required
· Startup (all-hands-on-deck) ‘I bust my butt because I love it’ approach
Does this sound like you? Are you looking to become a team member in an amazing experiential marketing company? Talented candidates that are in search of a new challenge are encouraged to apply. We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with enviable benefits. Diamond Integrated Marketing is an equal employment opportunity employer.