POSITION: Motion Graphics Designer
DEPARTMENT: The Mine
REPORTS TO: Lead Motion Graphics Designer or Executive Producer
Who is Diamond?
We’re a strategic, creative-led group of people working hand in hand to solve problems for some really great brands – among other things. We don’t follow any set of rules. In fact, we’re constantly breaking them. We’re not afraid to take risks. Or to go all in. We go above and beyond what’s asked. And are never satisfied. We always look ahead – changing as the industry changes. We love problems above channels. Insights above fads. And creativity above all else. Sound like you? Join us.
Some of the things we do:
Social Media + Digital + Content + Experiential + Events + Activations + Promotions + Design + Insights + Strategy
As a member of the post production team, you help enhance many projects across multiple platforms. You are well versed in motion graphics, graphic design, and the general principles of animation. You use your talents to create elements from scratch, enhance existing assets through VFX, or bring elements to life through motion. In addition to creating, you work to find ways to automate projects and services to find efficiencies in your craft.
You see video as a base, and constantly push to expand its capabilities while working with other creatives, strategists, and producers.
- User interface conception
- Animation and design for next generation software.
- Define and implement the motion design language for products
- Provide patterns, best practices and guidance on animation and transitions for different devices and platforms
- Edit client content and tags while maintaining overall brand identity and image.
- Prepares image files for programs
- Work collaboratively and effectively communicating with team on all projects
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the department.
- Create motion graphics and animations that clearly illustrate the features and benefits of new and emerging technologies and devices
- Create new process to increase speed to market
- Work with account teams and others to hit critical deadlines and initiatives
- you MUST submit a reel/portfolio fo your work to be considered for this role
- 1-2 year experience in similar role with an emphasis on working with brands
- A post-secondary education in graphic design, motion graphics, interaction design, or equivalent in experiences
- Must be fluent with motion graphics software, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools.
- Knowledge of best practices on different platform deliverables (digital signage, social platforms, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Creative and able to conceive new ideas to conquer barriers
- Customer centric focus with a natural ability to over deliver
- Strong organizational skills, must be able to independently manage time and set priorities
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate and efficient
- Display strategic thinking and analytic skills
- Able to identify new process, layer existing technologies to create new process, products and designs
- Must be reliable and willing to put in extra time as required to meet project deadlines
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) ‘I bust my butt because I love it’ approach
Does this sound like you? Are you looking to become a team member in an amazing experiential marketing company? Talented candidates that are in search of a new challenge are encouraged to apply via the link with your resume and cover letter. We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with enviable benefits. Diamond Integrated Marketing is an equal employment opportunity employer.