WHO IS DIAMOND?
We’re a strategic, creative-led group of people working hand in hand to solve problems for some really great brands – among other things. We don’t follow any set of rules. In fact, we’re constantly breaking them. We’re not afraid to take risks. Or to go all in. We go above and beyond what’s asked. And are never satisfied. We always look ahead – changing as the industry changes. We love problems above channels. Insights above fads. And creativity above all else. Sound like you? Join us.
Some of the things we do:
Social Media + Digital + Content + Influencer + Experiential + Events + Brand & Sponsorships Strategy + Activations + Promotions + Design + Insights + Strategy
STRATEGIC CLIENT SERVICES TEAM:
The SCS Team functions as our clients’ strategic advisors and partners. They represent our clients’ needs and build efficient cross-functional teams to deliver on all work flowing through the Agency to deliver against those needs. They are responsible for ensuring all the work aligns with the clients’ brand, objectives and budgets. They will work with all departments to ensure that client’s expectations are met and that the agency operates at profitable levels. In particular, the SCS team works very closely with the (also client-facing) Program Delivery Team to help ensure projects are executed with excellence.
They are responsible for maintaining and growing the client relationship within the scope of each project and beyond. They are responsible for identifying new opportunities for the agency to pursue that will help drive bottom line growth.
The SCS Team is ultimately the function accountable for all aspects of the client experience throughout the entire project cycle.
The Director, Strategic Client Services will own and lead the day-to-day client relationship on a defined portion of business, potentially with multiple clients across multiple categories/industries. You will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of client service and identifying and acting on key business insights that will drive results for both the agency and your client partners.
You are by nature a collaborative, savvy integrated marketer who thrives on tackling business challenges from a holistic perspective. This role requires proven strength in analytical skills and strategic thinking. You must have experience leading top brands towards getting the most value out of their marketing investment across all marketing channels. You understand the consumer brand journey across multiple touchpoints and how to best utilize each one to drive the desired consumer response. You are able to lead cross-functional teams to solve unique challenges and you are a proven leader capable of mentoring and growing the careers of your direct reports.
Client Relationship Management
- Demonstrate confidence and industry expertise as the day-to-day voice of the Agency
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with clients and key stakeholders
- Showcase thought leadership by delivering insight and POV’s beyond the brief
- Challenge the status quo for the best results for the agency and the client
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in client’s business – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
- Anticipate potential relationship or expectation issues, advising upper management in time to act proactively
- Work with the Sr. Director, Strategic Client Services in the development of an annual Client Development Plan and produce client forecasts
Analytic, Strategic and Planning Abilities
- Ability to deconstruct client brand and business challenges in order to develop actionable strategies that are then translated into actionable creative briefs.
- Work closely with the Creative teams to ensure strategically sound and powerful creative output
- Elevates risks and works collaboratively with senior management to build solutions
- Display marketing curiosity and willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions
- Able to provide a range of alternatives for client and Agency decision-making
- Build and showcase competitive intelligence, category thought leadership, and the ability to uncover problems clients don’t even know they have.
- Identify and support the organic development of incremental business within existing client portfolios
Staff and Project Leadership
- Lead internal kick-off meetings with department heads to identify the right resources to address all client asks
- Work collaboratively with project team and provide valuable feedback (as the voice of the client) at each stage of the project
- Lead the development of all client-facing presentations
- Ownership and accountability over program budgets and profitability
- Lead, mentor and develop direct reports including providing clear on-going performance feedback
- Leads the dissection of a client brief to ensure clarity and alignment to the needs and wants of the client and their business/brand
- Minimum of 10 years of marketing experience.
- At least 3-5 years in a client-facing services role in an agency environment
- Minimum 3 years of people management experience, ideally with 2+ direct reports
- Experience working on large consumer-facing brands
- Skilled at storytelling and building impactful and influential strategy and creative concept presentations.
- Exceptional understanding of strategic marketing and business principles
- Strong understanding of the current media landscape and understand how to apply that understanding to holistic and integrated solutions for brands.
- Proven success leading team-based projects
- Self-motivated with quantifiable success in marketing and/or retaining and growing brand and/or client portfolios.
- Strong planning and organizational skills: time-management, working to critical paths, budgeting, delegating, facilitating meetings, multi-tasking, attention to detail, follow up, etc.
- Love building relationships and getting to know clients
- Working within, and managing a retainer-based billing model
- Experiential, social media, and influencer experience
- Client-side experience a significant asset, particularly Tier 1 CPG
- Planning experience a significant asset